Friday, March 18, 2022

'X' Zone Broadcast Network -Flying Solo with a Variety of Topics

 

As I mentioned last week, I thought I would be flying solo on the show this week. It has to do with finding interesting guests who can spend about an hour in the middle of a Wednesday. Sometimes the gods just conspire to make things a little bit more difficult than they need to be.

I did begin with something of a rant that dealt with those who don’t do their research but feel competent to write books about UFOs. I could name several that I have read recently that head in that direction, but just wonder about the wisdom of doing that, especially in the world today. You can listen to the show here:

https://www.spreaker.com/episode/49090909

Or you can access the video version, though I warn you that it just me, sitting there talking about these topics. You can watch it here:

https://rumble.com/vxn039-a-different-perspective-with-kevin-randle-alien-abduction-roswell-ufo-crash.html

From that point, I talked about some of the early history of UFO investigations from the Twining letter of September, 1947, to the new office known as the Airborne Object Identification and Synchronization Group which doesn’t lend itself to a pronounceable acronym.

Then, I decided to commit what I think of Ufological suicide. It means that I was going to explain my position on some of the subordinate areas of UFO research. This means that I explained what I thought about cattle mutilations, alien abductions, crop circles, and finally a brief mention of the nonsense known as MJ-12. You can, of course, hear me explain all that on the show.

I did talk about those who have used fake military service to boost their credibility in the UFO field. While many of them are unable to prove military service, making all sorts of claims about why there is no record of their service, I mentioned that there is even a picture of me with my flight school class on the Internet. That would prove, if nothing else, that I was, at one point in training to become a helicopter pilot. Of course, a visit to the 187th AHC website, would document my Vietnam service as a helicopter pilot (And for those interested, a visit to www.vietnamgroundzero.blogspot.com would provide additional evidence.

My Flight School class from 1967 (which I hesitate to mention because it shows my age).

I thought it might be a good idea from that point to talk about the Levelland UFO sightings of November, 1957. I think of these sightings as the second-best case for the extraterrestrial explanation for UFOs. It is the case that makes it obvious that by 1957, the Air Force wasn’t interested in investigating UFOs. Their job was to explain them, regardless of how silly that explanation might by. Of course, it helps if you’ve read Levelland, my recent book about these sightings in particular and the EM Effects associated with some sightings in general.

Finally, to prove that I have been busy, I talked about the Roswell case, coming up on its 75th anniversary. In Understanding Roswell, I try to provide a better understanding on the case, looking at the witnesses who were they, how the case unfolded, and examining the mythology that has grown up around it.

Next week, I will interview John Greenewald on his recent recoveries of FOIA material related to the new official investigation into UFOs, which the government now calls UAPS. We’ll take the discussion in the direction of possible disclosure, but I think we moving into a new Dark Ages, as Ruppelt labeled the era around the 1950s.

3 comments:

vonmazur said...

Class 66-23. I graduated on 14 Feb 67 from Ft Rucker. I can verify your service, just a pic of the 5th WOC Co. was enough for me. Are there still individuals who do not believe your service?

I think you are one of the few sane persons examining this issue, Thanks!

Dale

KRandle said...

vonmazur -

I think you missed the point of my posting of the picture. We have so many people claiming military service but they can offer no proof. I say, there is no way for the government to scrub a person's record that completely. The picture of my flight school class, that I found on the internet is just one example of it.

The other point is that those of us who serviced do no mind being questioned about it. We don't see it as a real challenge, just a verification of who we claim to be. I know that Stan Friedman asked questions about my background and if he had found a flaw in it, you can be sure that he would have published it.

BTW: I was in the 8th WOC... the gray hats and was class 68-19.

Paul Young said...

@ vonmazur...Here in the UK we call them "Walter Mittys".
There's a "Walter Mitty hunters club" (look them up) dedicated to naming and shaming these imposters but, sadly, in this country, we don't have a law like that in the USA that criminalises "stolen valour"
I was a lowly AB in the RN (back in the day) and the WMHC joke that the SBS must have been the largest branch of the RN...because every man and his dog seems to have served in it.