The
Devoid (Billy Cox), columnist at the Miami Herald, reignited the Admiral
Thomas Wilson debate not all that long ago. Although it seemed that most of
mainstream Ufology had realized that the story told by Dr. Eric Davis about his
clandestine meeting with the Admiral was probably more hyperbole that truth,
there are still those who believe the information is leading us to disclosure.
You can read the article here:
http://devoid.blogs.heraldtribune.com/16000/eric-who-the-admiral/#comment-588557
I
bring all this up because, a while back, Dr. Davis had suggested, on Coast-to-Coast,
that the Del Rio UFO crash was real. That crash is based on the information of
a single witness who had claimed to be a retired Air Force colonel, a former
Air Force fighter pilot, and a veteran of the Korean War. I explored all this
at length in a posting on this blog that you can read here:
http://kevinrandle.blogspot.com/2018/09/dr-davis-confirms-del-rio-ufo-crash.html
Given
that the Del Rio story is a hoax, and the lone witness to it has been less than
honest about it, this does cast a shadow over the credibility of Dr. Davis. I
mean, if he truly had inside information, he would have known the Del Rio crash
was a hoax. 
Robert Willingham, pretend
Air Force Officer.
I exposed it as such in 2010 in my book, Crash: When UFOs Fall
from the Sky. I also gave a presentation at the MUFON Symposium in Denver
about Robert Willingham, the discredited source, and why his tale should be
rejected. This merely means that the information I uncovered was available long
before Dr. Davis had his conversation with Admiral Wilson (which, BTW, Wilson
has denied ever having taken place).
In
the last few days, a number of people have been discussing this on the
Internet, and I wouldn’t mention it but their experiences seem to match my own.
As I said in the post, I had emailed Dr. Davis a couple of times, even asking
George Knapp for some help in making contact, but never heard a word back from
Davis. The excuse was that Dr. Davis was getting plenty of emails from all over
the world and I certainly could understand his failure to reply to me.
However…
I
wasn’t the only one having that sort of problem. AndrĂ©
Skondras told Philip Mantle had he had attempted to contact Dr. Davis but
hadn’t heard back. Given that had been less than twenty-four hours after he had
sent his email, that wasn’t all that surprising. Now, several days later, he
still hasn’t had a response.
That’s not the end of it. Don Schmitt reported, “Tracy Torme had
asked me to contact Davis after his failure when he and James Fox were shooting
the forthcoming docu-film. He never responded to email or personal calls. Next,
because Davis was listed at that time as a MUFON consultant, I asked Jan Harzan
to make the same effort. Same result.”
This
was important because of Don’s efforts and the suggestion that MUFON Executive
Director Jan Harzan was involved (made long before Harzan’s arrest). While I
fully understand Dr. Davis ignoring some of these requests, as a consultant to
MUFON, you’d think that a response to the Executive Director would be
forthcoming.
This
has now taken a different path with a suggestion that we contact Admiral
Wilson, who has repeatedly denied that he knew Davis and wouldn’t recognize him
if he walked into the room. Since the Admiral has been contacted and responded
a number of times, I don’t know what good it will do to bother him again. He’s
not going to change his mind.
I’m
reminded of the note Kent Jeffrey received from the late Colonel Robert
Barrowclough, who, in 1947, was one of the senior officers at the Roswell Army
Air Field. In that note dated June 15, 1997, Barrowclough wrote, “Thank you for
the copy of the [MUFON] UFO Journal on the Roswell Myth. Maybe
some of those crack pots will quit calling me up and say I’m covering up a deep
gov’t secret.”
Even
if Admiral Wilson did know something, he would be obligated to deny it if it
was still classified. I’m not saying that he does, only that continued pestering
of the man will not yield any positive results… especially since he is on the
record, repeatedly, as saying he had no such discussion with Dr. Davis.
The
key here is Dr. Davis, but it seems to be a key that is lost. Since Dr. Davis
has proclaimed a well-known hoax (Del Rio) as being authentic, I fear that
there is nothing more to learn from him. All we end up doing is chasing a claim
that cannot be verified and it does nothing to advance our knowledge. It only
diverts us from a path that could yield better results.



