Wednesday, December 09, 2020

This and That and the Jesse Marcel Journal

 

Here are a couple of things that might of interest to those who visit this blog on a regular basis. First, starting on December 12 and for the following two weeks, History will air an analysis of the Roswell case. This will include discussions of the Journal kept by Major Jesse Marcel. Results of the analysis will be publicly revealed for the first time. The study has been somewhat shrouded in secrecy until the proper study could be completed.

Jesse Marcel

They will also examine the Ramey memo, using a much more detailed scan of the whole negative on which the memo can be found. The series of scans, which reached down to a nearly molecular level has produced some interesting results and those too, will be revealed during the three-week run.

 The whole of the Roswell case will be scrutinized. Yes, I played a role in all this. While I was the main “Roswell” investigator featured in the segment on the Ramey memo, I also provided information on other aspects of the case. Naturally, I wasn’t the only one involved. These included Don Schmitt and Tom Carey. Members of the Marcel family were extensively interviewed.

The second thing that might be of interest, though to a more limited audience is that I have created a new blog called “Vietnam Ground Zero by Eric Helm.” In the 1980s, along with Bob Cornett, I wrote a series of novels called Vietnam Ground Zero. The blog is based on my experiences in Vietnam. Some of my colleagues have asked for more information about Vietnam and I thought this would be a way to provide that information along with a way to promote the Vietnam Ground Zero books which are being republished. The first three are available at Amazon with a fourth due in a few weeks. You can view the blog here:

www.vietnamgroundzero.blogspot.com

I note that the postings to that blog are mostly true. I say that because these tales are based on my memories of what happened more than fifty years ago. As we all know, memory is sometimes flawed. Sure, I do have the letters that I sent home that help verify some of the information, and just a few years after I returned from Vietnam, I wrote a series of stories about Vietnam for a magazine, Combat Illustrated. This is helpful.

The point here is that I have tried to make the information accurate as possible, but acknowledge that there might be flaws in my memory of the events. Anyway, for those interested in what it was like in Vietnam, at least for me, here is a source of that information.

10 comments:

John Steiger said...

Thank you for the write-up. All this may prove interesting ...

Louis Nicholson said...

I look forward to watching the History Roswell series. By the way, I am currently listening to the audiobook version of your book "Chopper Pilot (Wings Over Nam). Its a pretty good listen.

Jur said...

Extremely curious as to the content of that journal, or diary, or whatever it is. I picked up some reports that it is something of a testament of Marcels mental degradation, but others- the grandchildren I believe- seem to hint at some kind of "code". The Ramey-thing should prove interesting, although the source materials won't improve over time. Well, perhaps the software does.

Anonymous said...

Kevin, you never informed us these episodes were written as comedy pieces. In my opinion, the only little green men these actors are banking on are those attached to the dollar bills, and the only UFO’s they saw are the same cow pies they have been throwing.

DJK said...

Kevin I’m looking forward to your coverage of the memo. I’ve always regarded the memo as the best evidence on the case.

Tonight was disappointing, it seems clear that the contents of the journal will be underwhelming. That said, to me not writing about any crash retrieval, perhaps the most exciting thing to happen in you life, adds more evidence that Roswell wasn’t a crashed ufo. I don’t believe any journal has ever been discovered with any reference to a crash. Please correct me if I’m wrong.

DJK said...

Kevin I’m looking forward to your coverage of the memo. I’ve always regarded the memo as the best evidence on the case.

Tonight was disappointing, it seems clear that the contents of the journal will be underwhelming. That said, to me not writing about any crash retrieval, perhaps the most exciting thing to happen in you life, adds more evidence that Roswell wasn’t a crashed ufo. I don’t believe any journal has ever been discovered with any reference to a crash. Please correct me if I’m wrong.

09rja said...

Does anyone know what happened to the latest post/article on this subject? (There was one after this one)

Unknown said...

Kevin your research has proved vital in my efforts to study Roswell. I would very much like to interview you at some point for a video I am doing about Battelle and reverse engineering the Roswell technology.. lmk if you are interested.

Dr. Okuma said...

Kevin,
What happened to the recent thread on Marcel's Journal as it was shown on the History Channel?
It is now gone?

Unknown said...

From the Jesse Marcel journal I see that they used deep cytological investigation of the text. Have the investigators just looked at circling the words that have a capital letter in them. If it is from a non cypher person they would look for a simple cypher that someone would only see upon closer observation but not obvious. Just a thought!

Colleen B.